Well, it’s been a good, long while since we’ve made any posts on this little blog. We figured this was a good time to provide an update on what CGAP is up to. After all, it’s kept us so busy we haven’t managed to share here in ages.
- We continue to meet every month. Please consider joining us on the fourth Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m. In February we will be meeting in the conference room of the Fort Bragg Police Department.
- Fort Bragg Police Department, Fort Bragg Unified School District and CGAP are pooling their resources towards providing a School Resource Officer for our schools.
- Parents hold a monthly support group with Mendocino County Youth Project’s Carla Leach. This group provides a place for families that are working through their child’s involvement with gangs, drugs and alcohol.
- Mendocino Coast TV, Fort Bragg Police Department and CGAP are working a video project that will provide education about preventing underage drinking and over serving of alcohol at public events.
- A group of CGAP members is preparing a document that outlines the services related to gang prevention that are currently available on the Coast. This matrix will help prepare grant applications and ensure continued funding for vital programs.
That’s just a little bit of what we’re up to. Thanks for stopping by.